AFRO SIMBA is a 7 year old Afro-Fusion band that hails from Kenya. Their music comes from Jazz and the music of 9 coastal tribes off the coast of Kenya, collectively called as Mijikenda. Their album Pandizo and the bands original take on the genre will redefine and reintroduce Mijikenda music to the world at large.
The band leader Kombo Chokwe started his career in 2005 as a multi-talented instrumentalist and vocalist who has performed with Kenyas most prominent musicians. Among them are Eric Wainaina, Suzzane Owiyo, Sauti Sol, Abbi, Hellon, Winyo and Maia von Lekow. Kombo has toured Morocco, Nigeria, Mozambique and Europe as a lead guitarist, bassist, and percussionist for various bands & artists.
The band was involved in the Somali Sunrise Peace Festival in Mogadishu, along with other International Acts from Canada, Afghanistan, Philippines, Sudan, US, and represented Kenya at Milege World Music Festival (Uganda),the Smithsonian Folk Festival in Washington D.C., USA, Musical Waves from the Kenyan Coast at Alliance Francaise Nairobi, Kenya and at the Africa Pavilion Global Village Multicultural Festival in Dubai
- AFRO SIMBA – Mwembe (Live)
- AFRO SIMBA – Baboon Song (Live)
- Maji – AFRO SIMBA Official Music Video
- Kombo and Afrosimba Band live @ Blankets and Wine 38
- J’s Fresh Kitchen accepts reservations so please make a reservation for a table should you know you will be coming for dinner.
- The number for reservations is 0707612585.
- J’s Westlands is a 23 years and older venue.
- The show starts promptly at 8pm so tables are held till 8pm after which they are opened to other customers.